LOS ANGELES CONSERVATORSHIP ATTORNEY | SIRKIN LAW GROUP | 818.340.4479 | LOS ANGELES CONSERVATOR
Conservator Attorney Los Angeles Ca | Los Angeles Ca Conservator
PROTECTING YOUR ELDERLY PARENT'S WEALTH MEANS RECOGNIZING SIGNS OF COGNITIVE DECLINE IN ELDERLY AS DESCRIBTED BY CONSERVATORSHIP ATTORNEY IN LOS ANGELES
Conservatorship: Clients in Los Angeles often ask us whether they should become conservators for an elderly, disabled, aging parent, or a disabled child. Below is a checklist we have developed to help you see signs of cognitive decline to best determine whether it is time to consider a conservatorship for a relative in Los Angeles.
1. Can he or she properly administer medication to himself or herself? Does he/she order the medication timely?
2. Can he or she understand the consequence of making a medical decision?
3. Can he or she provide food or shelter for himself? Check to see of there is fresh food in the house.
4. Is he or she easily influenced by others to give away his or her money? Is someone close to your parent trying to befriend or marry your parent? Urgent requests for liquidation of assets often are done by caregivers who are attempting to abuse the elderly.
5. Are there signs that he or she cannot be safe when left alone at home?
6. Is he or she bathing himself or herself regularly?
7. Does he or she wear clean clothes or wash his or her clothes?
8. Are there bills that are unpaid? Are there piles of unopened mail?
9. Is he or she forgetful of recent events?
10. Are there people who are trying to take financial advantage of him or her?
11. Does he/she exercise poor judgment?
12. Does he/she try to drive, even though he/she has been told not to drive by a physician?
13. Does he/she drive despite his/her driver's license having been revoked?
14. Is the house full of trash?
15. Has he/she been diagnosed with a illness?
WHAT TO DO NEXT:
1. Find out if there is an Advance Health Care Directive or Power of Attorney in place. If you question capacity, an opinion of a physician is always helpful.
2. Call our office at 818.340.4479 and ask for a call assessment regarding your case or to petition to appoint a conservator.
3. Ask us to give you a Capacity Declaration to be completed by a physician. If your loved one will not submit to a doctor's examination, please call us.
4. Gather a list of medications and assets of your loved one.
5. Set an appointment to learn about Conservatorship Procedures in Los Angeles CA.
Call Mina Sirkin, Los Angeles Conservatorship Attorney at 818.340.4479. Our West Los Anglees, Ca office serves all of Los Angeles County and surrounding areas in Conservatorship and Guardianship matters. We can assist you in helping your loved ones and your aging parents by appointing a conservator in Los Angeles. Read more about Conservatorship Attorney Los Angeles.
Woodland Hills Office: 21550 Oxnard St. 300, Woodland Hills, Ca 91367
West Los Angeles Ca Office address: 11400 W. Olympic Blvd. Suite 200, CA 90064.
Conservatorships Attorney Los Angeles | Conservatorship Attorney in Los Angeles
LOS ANGELES PROBATE
PROBATE SPECIALIST ATTORNEY
1+818.340.4479 SirkinLaw.com (TM)
21550 Oxnard St 300 Woodland Hills CA 91367 US +1.8183404479 email@example.com
California Attorney Offices in Glendale, Pasadena, West Los Angeles, Woodland Hills, Irvine
Probate Attorney Los Angeles
Copyright © 2005-2015 Mina Sirkin. All rights reserved.
Probate Attorney Los Angeles, Probate Litigation, Trust Litigation, Conservatorship Litigation, Estate Litigation, Estate Planning Los Angeles