LOS ANGELES PROBATE
LOS ANGELES CONSERVATORSHIP ATTORNEY
TOP 11 QUESTIONS TO HELP YOU KNOW WHEN A CONSERVATORSHIP LAW ATTORNEY IS NEEDED FOR A LOVED ONE IN LOS ANGELES.
Clients in Los Angeles often ask us whether they need conservatorship for an elderly or disabled parent, or a disabled child. Conservatorships in general are complicated in Los Angeles. Our conservatorships law firm makes conservatorships simple in California.
Below is a checklist we have developed to help you make the decision when there are no power of attorney documents in place:
1. Can he or she properly administer medication to himself or herself?
2. Can he or she understand the consequence of making a medical decision?
3. Can he or she provide food or shelter for himself?
4. Is he or she easily influenced by others to give away his or her money?
5. Are there signs that he or she cannot be safe when left alone at home?
6. Is he or she bathing himself or herself?
7. Does he or she wear clean clothes or wash his or her clothes?
8. Are there bills that are unpaid?
9. Is he or she forgetful of recent events?
10. Are there people who are trying to take financial advantage of him or her?
11. Is the ill person not able to understand the consequences of one's actions, medication and diagnosis.
CAN I GET A CONSERVATORSHIP IF THERE IS A POWER OF ATTORNEY IN PLACE?
Yes. Power of attorney documents can be suspended or revoked by the court. You can appoint a conservator, and ask that the court suspend the agent under a power of attorney for good cause. An agent under a power of attorney can be forced to account for the assets of the person which they handle.
WHAT TO DO FIRST WHEN MOST OF THE ANSWERS TO THE ABOVE QUESTIONS ARE YES?
1. Check to see if there are valid Advanced Directives and power of attorney documents in place. Whether or not a document is valid, depends on whether it was executed free of undue influence, fraud, and while the person had capacity as principal.
2. Call Sirkin Law Group, your conservatorship law firm at 818.340.4479 and ask for a conservatorships assessment regarding your case.
3. Ask us to give you a Capacity Declaration to be completed by a physician. If your loved one will not submit to a doctor's examination, please call us.
4. Gather a list of medications and assets of your loved one. Be sure to read our article regarding aging parents.
5. Set an in-person appointment to go over the Conservatorships procedures and process in Los Angeles County. Talk to our firm lawyers to see how conservatorships law can benefit your family members.
Sirkin Law Group, Conservatorship Law: Mina Sirkin, a top Los Angeles Conservatorship Attorney at 818.340.4479. Conservatorships Los Angeles. Our attorneys serve the Los Angeles, Glendale, Pasadena, Santa Monica, West Los Angeles, Venice, Marina Del Rey, Woodland Hills, Calabasas, Valley, San Fernando Valley, West Hills, Tarzana, Agoura, Hollywood, San Marino, North Hills, Panorama City, Northridge, Chatsworth, West Los Angeles Conservatorships, Northridge, Canoga Park, Winnetka, Encino, Sherman Oaks, Burbank, North Hollywood, and Westlake Village areas. Conservatorship Attorney Los Angeles.
Probate Attorney Los Angeles
Copyright © 2005-2015 Mina Sirkin. All rights reserved.
Probate Attorney Los Angeles, Probate Litigation, Trust Litigation, Conservatorship Litigation, Estate Litigation, Estate Planning Los Angeles
1+818.340.4479 SirkinLaw.com (TM)
21550 Oxnard St 300 Woodland Hills CA 91367 US +1.8183404479 email@example.com
California Attorney Offices in Glendale, Pasadena, West Los Angeles, Woodland Hills, Irvine