LOS ANGELES PROBATE
Caring for an elderly person in Woodland Hills can be complex. Woodland Hills elder law attorney, Mina Sirkin explains the details you need to know for a successful estate and and elder wealth protection planning case.
What is Elder Law? Elder Law is the multidisciplinary area of law dedicated to providing legal services to persons above 65 years of age, which includes wealth and estate planning, creation of power of attorney documents, asset protection, and preparation of Advance Health Care Directives. Woodland Hills Elder Care Law attorneys at Sirkin Law Group have dedicated the last twenty five years to preparation for the future of our elderly clients in Woodland Hills Ca. We believe that with proper elder law planning, Conservatorships can be avoided for most of our clients with proper estate plans.
Before there is any medical emergency, we prepare our Woodland Hills elder clients and their children by making sure they have the right documents at hand. Below you will find a list of documents you should have ready for your parents.
1. Their Advance Health Care Directive or Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care, and a Hipaa Release;
2. A copy of their Driver's license or senior identification card;
3. Their Medicare number (same as Social Security number) , or if on Medi-Cal, their Medi-Cal Card or number.
4. Their supplemental insurance information, and policy number.
5. A list of their medications and allergies.
6. A complete list of doctor's and their telephone numbers.
7. If a Veteran, their military identification number.
8. Location of their estate planning documents and the name and phone number of the preparing attorney.
TOP 10 QUESTIONS TO HELP YOU KNOW WHEN A ELDER LAW HELO OR A CONSERVATORSHIP IS NEEDED FOR A LOVED ONE:
Clients in Woodland Hills often ask us whether they need conservatorship for an elderly or disabled parent, or a disabled child. Below is a checklist we have developed to help you make the decision:
1. Can he or she properly administer medication to himself or herself?
2. Can he or she understand the consequence of making a medical decision?
3. Can he or she provide food or shelter for himself?
4. Is he or she easily influenced by others to give away his or her money?
5. Are there signs that he or she cannot be safe when left alone at home?
6. Is he or she bathing himself or herself?
7. Does he or she wear clean clothes or wash his or her clothes?
8. Are there bills that are unpaid?
9. Is he or she forgetful of recent events?
10. Are there people who are trying to take financial advantage of him or her?
WHAT TO DO FIRST WHEN MOST OF THE ANSWERS TO THE ABOVE QUESTIONS ARE YES?
1. Call our attorneys at the Woodland Hills Conservatorship office at 818.340.4479 and ask for a call assessment regarding your case.
2. Ask us to give you a Capacity Declaration to be completed by a physician. If your loved one will not submit to a doctor's examination, please call us.
3. Gather a list of medications and assets of your loved one
4. Set an in-person appointment to go over the Conservatorship Procedures in Los Angeles County.
Woodland Hills Attorney: Call Mina Sirkin, Woodland Hills Elder Law Attorney at 818.340.4479. Our Woodland Hills office serves the Woodland Hills, Calabasas, West Hills, Tarzana, Reseda, Agoura, Hidden Hills, Canoga Park, Winnetka, and Westlake Village areas. Elder Law Attorney Woodland Hills Ca. Caring for the elderly is our only business and we are very proud to serve your family in elder law.
Elder Law Office in Woodland Hills: 21550 Oxnard St. #300, Woodland Hills, CA 91367.
Probate Attorney Los Angeles
Copyright © 2005-2015 Mina Sirkin. All rights reserved.
Probate Attorney Los Angeles, Probate Litigation, Trust Litigation, Conservatorship Litigation, Estate Litigation, Estate Planning Los Angeles
1+818.340.4479 SirkinLaw.com (TM)
21550 Oxnard St 300 Woodland Hills CA 91367 US +1.8183404479 firstname.lastname@example.org
California Attorney Offices in Glendale, Pasadena, West Los Angeles, Woodland Hills, Irvine