Los Angeles Probate
PROBATE SPECIALIST ATTORNEY
GLENDALE CA CONSERVATORSHIPS | SIRKIN LAW GROUP | 818.340.4479
Conservatorship Glendale CA Conservator Conservators Conservatorship
TOP 10 QUESTIONS TO HELP YOU DETERMINE WHEN A CONSERVATORSHIP IS NEEDED FOR A LOVED ONE
Clients in Glendale often ask us whether they need conservatorship for an elderly, disabled, aging parent, or a disabled child. Below is a checklist we have developed to help you make the decision:
1. Can he or she properly administer medication to himself or herself?
2. Can he or she understand the consequence of making a medical decision?
3. Can he or she provide food or shelter for himself?
4. Is he or she easily influenced by others to give away his or her money?
5. Are there signs that he or she cannot be safe when left alone at home?
6. Is he or she bathing himself or herself?
7. Does he or she wear clean clothes or wash his or her clothes?
8. Are there bills that are unpaid? Ask him/ her if he can account for hiis/ her assets and income.
9. Is he or she forgetful of recent events?
10. Are there people who are trying to take financial advantage of him or her?
CAN I GET A CONSERVATORSHIP IF THERE IS A POWER OF ATTORNEY IN EXISTENCE?
Yes. Power of attorney documents can be suspended or revoked by the court. You can get a temporary conservator, while you file to ask the court to appoint a permanent conservator, and ask that the court suspend the agent under a power of attorney for good cause. An agent under a power of attorney can be forced to account for the assets of the person which they handle.
WHAT TO DO FIRST WHEN MOST OF THE ANSWERS TO THE ABOVE QUESTIONS ARE YES?
1. Determine if there is an Advance Health Care Directive or Power of Attorney in place.
2. Call our office at 818.340.4479 and ask for a call assessment regarding your case or to petition to appoint a conservator.
3. Ask us to give you a Capacity Declaration to be completed by a physician. If your loved one will not submit to a doctor's examination, please call us.
4. Gather a list of medications and assets of your loved one
5. Set an in-person appointment to go over the Conservatorship Procedures in Los Angeles County.
Call Mina Sirkin, Glendale Conservatorship Attorney at 818.340.4479. Our Glendale, Ca office serves the Glendale, Burbank, Pasadena, Eagle Rock, San Marino, La Cresenta, Alhambra, Altadena and surrounding areas in Conservatorship matters. We can assist you in helping your aging parents or to appoint a conservator in Glendale. We handled preparing petitions to appoint a conservator, conservatorship accounting, and conservatorship lawsuits and removal actions. Read more about Conservatorship Attorney Glendale.
Glendale Office address: 450 N. Brand Blvd. #600, Glendale, CA 91203.
Probate Attorney Los Angeles
Copyright © 2005-2015 Mina Sirkin. All rights reserved.
Probate Attorney Los Angeles, Probate Litigation, Trust Litigation, Conservatorship Litigation, Estate Litigation, Estate Planning Los Angeles
1+818.340.4479 SirkinLaw.com (TM)
21550 Oxnard St 300 Woodland Hills CA 91367 US +1.8183404479 firstname.lastname@example.org
California Attorney Offices in Glendale, Pasadena, West Los Angeles, Woodland Hills, Irvine