LOS ANGELES PROBATE
PROBATE SPECIALIST ATTORNEY
When Glendale residents talk about Conservatorships, they rarely think about the long term nature of the proceeding. Here are several facts to know about Conservatorships:
1. Conservatorships are lifetime proceedings. They last until the Conservatee dies or the Court terminates the Conservatorship. Conservators can hire caregivers and care managers to satisfy the conservatorship duties and to reduce care giving stress.
2. Uncontested Conservatorships which do not have any urgency involved take about 45 to 60 days to create. If you have an emergency, we can get a Temporary Conservatorship on an Ex Parte basis with limited notice time.
3. Conservators of the Estate have to be bonded for liquid assets of the Conservatorship. Having an inventory of the assets of your loved one helps us make this process fast.
4. Sales of real property require confirmations by the Court in a formal petition. We can get properties sold fast, even with Court confirmation.
5. Conservators of the Estate have to file accountings in the Court. We have a template which can be followed by our clients. Many of our clients hire an accountant to do the accounting on a regular basis.
6. Accounts created by Conservators have to be titled in the name of the Conservator such as here: Mary Smith, Conservator of the Estate of Norma Jones.
7. Conservators of the Estate have to file tax returns on behalf of the Conservatee.
8. Relatives and friends of the Conservatee can object to accountings by the Conservator.
9. An Advanced Health Care Directive is a good substitute for Conservatorships of the Person where there are no family disputes.
Why hire us?
Mina Sirkin is a nationally recognized probate attorney and has served as a media expert to CNN, MSNBC, Inside Edition, NPR and KTLA regarding probate and estate matters. With over 22 years of conservatorship experience, she is Certified as a Specialist by the Board of Legal Specialization of the State Bar of California, in Probate, Estate Planning and Trust Law. Only 1% of California attorneys are Certified as specialists. Mina Sirkin is rated 10/10 on Avvo. Sirkin Law Group's lawyers in our Glendale office can assist you and your loved ones. Call: 818.340.4479 when you need an attorney to petition to appoint a conservator. Glendale Conservatorships.
Glendale Office Address: 450 N. Brand Blvd. Suite 600, Glendale, CA 91203.
Other Topics: Objections to Conservatorships
Probate Attorney Los Angeles
Copyright © 2005-2015 Mina Sirkin. All rights reserved.
Probate Attorney Los Angeles, Probate Litigation, Trust Litigation, Conservatorship Litigation, Estate Litigation, Estate Planning Los Angeles
1+818.340.4479 SirkinLaw.com (TM)
21550 Oxnard St 300 Woodland Hills CA 91367 US +1.8183404479 email@example.com
California Attorney Offices in Glendale, Pasadena, West Los Angeles, Woodland Hills, Irvine