CONSERVATORSHIPS | Glendale California
TOP QUESTIONS ABOUT CONSERVATORSHIPS IN GLENDALE CALIFORNIA: Glendale Conservatorships California
Clients in Glendale often ask us whether they need conservatorships for an elderly, disabled, aging parent, or a disabled child. Below is a checklist we have developed to help you make the decision:
1. Can he or she properly administer medication to himself or herself?
2. Can he or she understand the consequence of making a medical decision?
3. Can he or she provide food or shelter for himself?
4. Is he or she easily influenced by others to give away his or her money?
5. Are there signs that he or she cannot be safe when left alone at home?
6. Is he or she bathing himself or herself?
7. Does he or she wear clean clothes or wash his or her clothes?
8. Are there bills that are unpaid?
9. Is he or she forgetful of recent events?
10. Are there people who are trying to take financial advantage of him or her?
WHAT TO DO FIRST WHEN MOST OF THE ANSWERS TO THE ABOVE QUESTIONS ARE YES?
1. Determine if there is an Advance Health Care Directive or Power of Attorney in place.
2. Call our office at 818.340.4479 and ask for a call assessment regarding your case.
3. Ask us to give you a Capacity Declaration to be completed by a physician. If your loved one will not submit to a doctor's examination, please call us.
4. Gather a list of medications and assets of your loved one
5. Set an in-person appointment to go over the Conservatorship Procedures in Los Angeles County.
Call Mina Sirkin, Glendale Conservatorship Attorney at 818.340.4479. Our Glendale, Ca office serves the Glendale, Burbank, Pasadena, Eagle Rock, and surrounding areas in Conservatorship matters. We assist you in helping your aging parents with Conservatorships in Glendale. Read more about Conservatorships and our Attorneys in Glendale.